From Shadow To Substance Podcast
From Shadow to Substance
What is Federal Theology? Sam Renihan joins our hosts to address this very question. Sam is a pastor at Trinity Reformed Baptist Church in La Mirada, CA and author of From Shadow to Substance: the Federal Theology of the English Particular Baptists.
Is it fair to say that Federal theology was the theology of the post-reformation English Puritan? If so, how? Sam focuses his attention on the distinctive features of Federal Theology among particular Baptists, their place in the 17th century literature, and the implications of departing from the English social institutions of long-held beliefs.
· Theologian Casper Olevian
· Theologian John Cameron
· Minister Benjamin Cox
· Unity and Continuity in Covenantal Thought by Andrew Woosley
· The Covenantal Theology of John Spilsbery by Matthew Bingham
· The Distinctiveness of Baptist Covenant Theology by Pascal Denault
· Divine Rule Maintained: Anthony Burgess, Covenant Theology, and the Place of the
Law in reformed Scholasticism by Casselli